Sea container transportation (LCL – less than container loaded) shipping method is an economical way to ship cargo if the shipment is smaller in size and not large enough to use full volume of container. LCL containers dispatch regularly according to schedule.
Delivery of consolidated cargo can significantly save your money because you pay only for delivery of your part of cargo in a container, rather than a full container lot.
Stages of carriage:
– Calculating the cost of delivery
– Delivery of cargo to the consolidation warehouse
– Processing upon to arrival at the port of destination
– The process of separating cargoes from the container in the port
– Delivery of the goods to the customer’s warehouse in groupage or individual trucks.
To calculate costs of delivery of consolidated cargo we need information about the port of departure (delivery terms EXW or FOB), data about weight, volume and number of seats.